Photographers throng Varanasi from all over the world to capture the essence of India’s beliefs, traditions and religious life. Darter now takes you on a photography tour of an India that has refused to change with time, at the ghats and galis of Varanasi, where much of what Mark Twain described over a hundred years ago can still be witnessed. Join us in capturing the overwhelming scenes of life on the ghats, where everyday life and a sense of devotion merge together to form a cornucopia of photography opportunities.
The Photography Tour Details
The five day expert-led photography tour to Varanasi is designed to provide sufficient time to understand, immerse and photograph the life along the bank of River Ganges and the narrow old lanes of the old city next to the ghats. The deviations during the tour include visit to Sarnath and Ramnagar Fort. The tour calendar includes activities keeping photography in focus.
- Session, guidance and assistance in photography by expert pro-photographer; daily, continuous image reviews.
- Boat rides on the Ganges.
- Daily long walks along the ghats, witnessing everyday life and pilgrim activity along the river.
- Walks in the narrow lanes adjoining the ghats where the ancient city unfolds itself.
- Visits to Sarnath and Ramnagar Fort.
To register for the tour or for more details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 9740083260 (Shreeram M V) / 9880006460 (Arun Bhat). Alternately, fill in the contact-form at the end of this page.
The cost of the tour is Rs.18,500 per person.
The cost includes:
– Accommodation on twin sharing basis and breakfast on all days.
– Visits to the sites and local transfers for the group
– Photography sessions and services of expert photographer for the group
The cost does not include:
– Transport from your location to Varanasi
– Lunch, dinner, bottled water and other any other food and beverages other than breakfast.
Your Photography Expert: Arun Bhat
Accomplished travel and landscape photographer Arun Bhat’s works have been used by publications in India and across the world, all the way from Japan to USA. He is a professional photographer who has extensively travelled across India, creating some of the finest imagery of India’s culture, landscapes and heritage sites.
Having explored the corners of the old city of Varanasi and having observed every aspect of life on the ghats from early morning to late in the night for several days, Arun’s expert guidance will come handy in finding the right locations and the time of the day for photographing the splendors of Varanasi. His experiences and images of Varanasi are widely recognized, and his photographs and stories of this ancient city have been published in travel and architecture magazines.