Wildlife photographer Shreeram and I will be conducting an outdoor photography tour of Hampi, covering a variety of photography opportunities in and around Hampi. The tour includes daily sessions and image reviews besides field trips to shoot landscapes, architecture and wildlife in the region. Read on for more details. We hope to see you on the tour.
Many Worlds of Hampi – An Outdoor Photography Tour January 14th, 15th and 16th
|Images of Hampi
“Many worlds of Hampi” is a 3-day photography tour designed to cover a wide range of interesting subjects that goes beyond the architectural splendours of Hampi. We have explored all the corners of Hampi to bring you the best in
- Landscapes – the river, boulders and hills of Hampi. Perhaps few places can boast of dramatic sunsets and sunrises as Hampi can. A crimson sun rising and setting over the boulders and hills of Hampi overlooking Tungabhadra River is perhaps among the most beautiful, but less photographed spectacles in this magical landscape.
- Wildlife – birds and bears of Daroji. Daroji Bear Sanctuary is a refuge for more than a hundred bears living in a small area, offering a high probability of sightings and photography opportunities. The rocky terrain is also home to rare birds like the Yellow-throated Bulbul, Painted Sandgrouse and Red Avadavat. May be an encounter with Star Tortoises too…
- Architecture – the famed ruins of Vijayanagar Empire. Hampi’s architectural heritage and its temples in various stages of ruination have brought this small village to UNESCO world heritage status. A large number of monuments more than four hundred years old are strewn all across the plains of Hampi, inviting photographers to lose themselves in the ruins.
The tour calendar includes
- Visit to sites that offer excellent photography opportunities
- Expert session on landscape and travel photography
- Expert sessions of wildlife photography
- Basic photography session for amateurs
- Daily image reviews
We will be staying at the Sloth Bear Resort, the new offering from Jungle Lodges and Resorts, on the boundary of the Daroji Bear Sanctuary.
Cost: The cost of the tour would be Rs.8,500/- per person, ex-Hospet.
The cost includes:
– Accommodation on twin sharing basis and 3 meals per day at Sloth Bear Resort
– Field trips
– Photography sessions
– Transport from Hospet to Sloth Bear Resort (for buses and trains arriving to a pre-planned schedule) and transport during the three days in and around Hampi.
The cost does not include:
– Transport from your hometown to Hospet/Hampi
– Additional soft drinks/mineral water/liquor ordered at Sloth Bear Resort
– Additional snacks or eatables ordered at Sloth Bear Resort
– Tips and anything that is not part of the includes list above
ACCOMPANYING GUIDES AND PHOTOGRAPHY EXPERTS
Accomplished travel and landscape photographer Arun Bhat’s works have been used by publications in India and across the world, all the way from Japan to USA. He is a professional photographer who has extensively travelled across India, creating some of the finest imagery of India’s landscapes and heritage sites.
Having travelled the country many times over and being used to waking up at 5am in bitter cold winter days, he has seen and captured finest landscapes all the way from Himalayas to the peninsular India but is yet to see anything as spectacular as the ‘morningscapes’ seen from the top of Hampi’s Hills.
Shreeram M V
Shreeram is a passionate naturalist and a professional wildlife photographer. He has photographed wildlife across multiple habitats across India – from the rainforests to the high-altitude deserts to grasslands to coasts. He comes with vast expertise in bird photography, having photographed hundreds of species from places as far as mountains of Ladakh to seashores of South India. See some of his works at http://www.visualquotient.net
BOOK THIS TOUR
Contact us to book the tour. Book before 26th get early bird discounts.
Ph: 97400 83260 (Shreeram) / 98800 06460 (Arun)