Dates: September 23rd to September 25th, 2011 (Friday to Sunday)
Pack your bags and your cameras to set off to an altitude of 4500ft, a campsite in the middle of a Pine Forest, crystal clear water. Join Darter Photography and MCG Camp Roxx Pvt Ltd on Ze Shutterbug – an outdoor photography workshop in the beautiful forests of the Himalayas. Create wonderful images with your camera by learning the basic concepts of photography (technical and aesthetic) and practising them in the open theatre of nature.
Our venue, Camp Roxx is a wonderful site, set in an open ground surrounded by the Shivalik Mountains, to enjoy a great weekend of camping and learning in the wilderness.
This boot-camp is a unique mix of classroom sessions and outdoor field sessions to help you understand the theory and practice of photography in an intensive, yet balanced, manner.
After the boot-camp, you will be able to understand all the controls in your digital camera and make the best use of them depending on the circumstances at which you are shooting. You will be able to know and use the advanced modes to control the exposure and depth of field to get the best from your subject. You will also understand the concepts of composition, which helps in taking appealing images. The outdoor field sessions would also help you gather the nuances of outdoor photography.
You will be ready to make the best use of your camera’s abilities at the end of the boot-camp and open up to unlimited possibilities in photography.
- Concepts of photography
- Introduction to photography
- Learning what makes a good photograph
- Technical aspects of making a photograph
- Depth of field and point of focus
- Understanding exposure and histograms
- Focus, Aperture, Shutter-speed, ISO, Depth of Field, Exposure, Metering and White Balance
- Familiarization with all the controls in your camera
- Camera modes and making the best out of your camera – Program Mode, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Full Manual modes
- Understanding digital cameras and associated photography gear
- Knowing what makes a technically good photograph; identifying problems in images
- Understanding photography equipment – cameras, lenses, teleconverters, tripods, bags and other gears.
- making visually appealing pictures
- Guidelines for making good composition
- Understanding quality and play of light; understanding how different types of light affects the images.
- Types of photography and their nuances.
- Post-processing the images in the computer.
- Social Networking and Photography.
There would be 4 Field Sessions (2 early morning sessions and 2 evening sessions) in the beautiful forests of the Himalayas. These field sessions are designed to help you practice the classroom concepts and also gain an understanding of the nuances of different types of outdoor photography. During each field session, our photography experts would guide you with your photography and share their on-field tips and experience. After each field session, our photography experts would review your images and give you constructive feedback.
* Camping in the wild, near the stream and high peaks.
* Field visits in the morning and evenings
* Constant interaction and assistance on field by photography and travel experts
* Insights to nuances of nature and outdoor photography during the tour
* Image reviews by photography experts
For further details on site and facilities, please visit http://camproxx.com/facili
The cost of this tour is Rs.11,000 per person.
* Transport from Delhi to camp roxx and back (leaving Delhi on 22nd September night and arriving back on 25th September night)
* Accommodations and 3 meals/day at Camp Roxx
Cost does not include:
* Mineral water and other beverages
Book this tour
Contact us to book the tour. Like all our tours, this boot-camp in the foothills of the Himalayas will have a limited number of participants.
Ph: 97400 83260 (Shreeram) / 9880006460 (Arun)/ 9537671737 (Shraddha)/ 99110 24426 (Sameer)