|Images of Badami|
Dates: August 24th, 25th and 26th
Badami is known for its rock cut temples and a history dating back more than thousand years. Travel photographers see much more than just that; this small town offers a wide variety of photography opportunities. There are red sand stones glistening in the morning sun, waterfalls that come alive and tumble down the cliffs adjacent to the caves in the monsoon months, colonies of friendly people with photogenic face who are more than happy to be subjects for your camera, a rural life where you see women washing clothes in a lake next to men scrubbing a bullock’s hide, temples in leafy environs with roots of ficus trees drooping over the gopuras, brilliant landscapes of cliffs overlooking a lake,.. The list is very long.
Darter Photography takes you to this Badami and nearby places that are a mix of well-known as well as unknown, bringing you great photography opportunities that can keep your clicking finger busy. Learn to make appealing travel images on this workshop as you discover the corners of Badami.
Our photography experts with in-depth experience of photographing Badami’s surroundings will work with you through class-room sessions and outdoor shoots to ensure that you get the best images.
Is this workshop for you?
The travel photography workshop at Badami is suitable for a wide variety of audience irrespective of your interest and skill levels in photography. Our photographers interact closely with every participants and work with you no matter what is your expertise level in photography. Travellers keen to see and experience the places in Badami are also welcome to join this group.
The workshop doesn’t impose any prerequisite in terms of equipment or photography skills of the participants. Join us if the learning to make beautiful travel images appeals to you.
Visit our tour faq to know more details about how our photography tours are conducted.
- Landscapes. Verical cliffs of red sandstone, waterfalls that come alive in good monsoons, a lake trapped between tall rocky hills, small puddles in the monsoon that reflect the sky, hills and the small temples in dramatic suroundings.
- Architecture. The famed rock cut temples and the bass reliefs inside them are just the beginning. There are little known shrines all around, temples on a lake bed, temples in leafy surroundings and a wide variety of architecture that are a specialty of this region.
- Village Life. Women yapping in the courtyard as they clean the grains, happy smiling people willing to wait for your click, women washing clothes in the lake, children on their way to school, tractors and bullcock carts, men gathered under ficus trees and much more are the scenes of everyday life in the living quarters of Badami. The congenial people of Badami are more than happy to oblige to your camera.
The workshop is a balanced mix of indoor sessions/reviews and practical exposure on field. The workshop helps you understand the diverse scope of travel photography and make the best use of photography opportunities offered by a location. The workshop content includes
- learning the nuances of travel photography – in theory and practice
- on field learning on making a wide variety of travel images – landscapes, people and heritage sites
- continuous on & off field guidance during the workshop and image reviews to help evaluate and understand your images.
The workshop calendar includes
- visit to sites that offer excellent photography opportunities
- several sessions on travel photography at the hotel with Badami in focus
- Daily image reviews and on-field assistance to help you get best images
The places we visit in this workshop includes
The cost of this workshop is Rs.11,500 per person.
The cost includes
– Accommodation on twin sharing basis at Hotel Badami Court
– Breakfast, lunch and dinner on all days
– Local transport
– Photography sessions, on-field assistance and image reviews
The cost does not include
– Transport from your location to Badami and back
– Addition beverages, snacks and mineral water ordered at the restaurant
– Tips and other expenses not mentioned in the inclusion mentioned above
Accompanying Photography Expert: Arun Bhat
Accomplished travel and landscape photographer Arun Bhat’s works have been used by publications in India and across the world, all the way from Japan to USA. He is a professional photographer who has extensively travelled across India, creating some of the finest imagery of India’s landscapes and heritage sites.
Over multiple visits to Badami and surrounding areas, Arun has extensively explored and photographed the architecture, landscapes and the people of Badami. His works on Badami have been published in newspapers and travel magazines.
Join this workshop
Contact us to join the workshop. Email/Call us or fill in the form below.
Ph: 9880006460 (Arun) / 97400 83260 (Shreeram)