You will recognize a fragrance of heritage in every corner of Melukote. The old temples, the large Kalyani that has hosted several movie shoots, the smaller Raya Gopura that also has its beauty tested in the movies, a Sanskrit Academy, two ancient temples, a Vaishnava heritage that is preserved as good as it was a few centuries ago and several houses, temples and structures that have a stamp of past all over them — a quick glimpse of Melukote for you.
The heritage town of Melukote is located 120km from Bangalore. It became a center of Vaishnavaites when Sri Ramanujacharya took shelter in the town during 12th century. The town hosts two ancient temples and several smaller heritage structures. The everyday life and culture of Melukote retains a feel of its past and heritage.
Darter Photography takes you on a photography outing to Melukote, to capture these ancient structures, heritage sites, its traditions, its people, its celebrated puliogres that can be relished by the street. Join the Darter Day Out on Saturday, 4th February armed with your cameras and guided by expert travel photographers.
Date: 25th August, 2012
Who can join?
Any one! If you want to see and make beautiful photographs of the heritage town of Melukote, hop in with us. It doesn’t matter if you are shooting with your phone camera or carrying the world’s most expensive photography equipment. We take you through the places and guide you in making good images along the way.
The Day’s Program Includes
* A brief session on Melukote with photography in mind.
* Photography of places in Melukote, with guidance from Darter Photography Experts.
* Image Reviews and critiques.
* Visit to ancient temples, heritage sites, Kalyanis and other interestig sites and to see and capture everyday activities in Melukote.
* Start from MG Road at 6.45am. Pickup from Jayanagar at 7am.
* Stop for breakfast on the way at 8am
* Reach Melukote at 10am
* Head to the Kalyani, begin with a brief session
* Start photography with on planned route from 11am to 1pm
* Lunch and Image Reviews from the morning shoot from 1pm to 3pm
* Start photography with a planned route from 3pm to 6.15pm
* Depart for Bangalore at 6.45pm with a snack-stop along the way. Image reviews from evening shoot on the way back. We are back in Bangalore approximately by 9pm.
The itinerary is tentative and timings are only indicative, except for a fixed time of departure from Bangalore. Delays and changes are possible with progress in the day and shooting conditions.
This trip is priced at Rs.2,750 per person.
The cost includes
* Transport from Bangalore and back in an air conditioned vehicle. Pickup and drop from specific locations.
* Breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
* Guidance of Darter Photography Expert through the day
The cost doesn’t include
* Mineral water and additional food and beverages beyond what is mentioned above.
Register for this tour.
To register for the tour or for more details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 9880006460 (Arun Bhat) / 9740083260 (Shreeram)