India Travel Blog Newsletter is sent approximately once a month (often, less frequently), summarizing the previous month’s activity and giving a glimpse of the coming month on the website. Subscribe to the newsletter by keying in your email address in the box on the top of the sidebar. Here is a copy of this month’s newsletter, dispatched today.
Hope the summer vacation marks the beginning of travel season for you. The hills are calling, so here is a desktop calendar wallpaper from the highlands of South India. Download April calendar wallpaper – an image from the tea gardens of Munnar.
Here is a quick look at the updates on India Travel Blog in the recent past.
- Ten minutes of a black kite’s life – A collection of various moods of a bird in the span of about ten minutes. It is more diverse than you think it can be!
- People of Melukote – images from the streets of a small town near Bangalore.
- Fishing in Fort Kochi – collection of images of Chinese Fishining Nets in Fort Kochi on a glorious evening.
Also see regular addition of images on the paintedstork facebook photo albums.
Flying in Coorg! Read the experiences of taking off in an ultralight aircraft in Coorg and flying over the hills at 100kph at a height of over a kilometer.
It is now more than a year since I joined hands with my colleague, wildlife photographer Shreeram MV to began Darter Photography, which conducts photography tours and workshops. We now do regular photography workshops in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Here is a quick look at our upcoming tours. Also see an faq on what our tours are all about.
- Landscapes of Munnar. Learn to make beautiful images of landscapes
- Tigers Reserver – We have two tours lined up to photograph tigers in their heartland – Tadoba & Bandhavgarh
- Bhadra Wilderness – A wildlife photography workshop to learn to appreaciate our biodiversity and photograph them.
- Lahaul & Spiti – Amazing mountain landscapes; too good to believe!
I do hope we will meet in one of our photography excursions soon. Happy Travelling!