Dates: July 14th to 21st, 2012
IntroductionOne of the still unexplored and insanely beautiful stretch of the Indian Himalayas, Lahaul and Spiti is a valley of stark landscapes and high snowy peaks stretching to the sky. Gurgling rivers and crystal clear lakes dot the highlands of Lahaul, while an ancient civilization has survived for nearly thousand years and has preserved its culture against the onslaught of modernity in Spiti. The faraway valley connected only through a narrow road that traverses through mountains over 10,000 feet high, this region offers vistas and heritage that can keep a travel photographer in a click-frenzy for months together. Scroll down to see the day-by-day itinerary to know more details and get a glimpse of incredibleness of Lahaul and Spiti Region.
- Easy, short duration treks specifically helpful for photography
- Camping in the heart of the mountains, near the clear blue expanse of Chandratal Lake surrounded by high peaks.
- Drive through some of the most amazing landscapes in one of the remotest regions in the Indian Himalayas.
- See and photograph the views from high passes of Rohtang and Kunzum La
- Visit the Buddhist monasteries more than 800 years old that have followed an ancient tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Visit to sights specifically chosen keeping photography opportunities in mind
- Expert help and advice with photographing culture and landscapes of Lahaul and Spiti
- Constant interaction and assistance on field by photography experts with an experience of travelling in Lahaul and Spiti
- Insights to nuances of travel and outdoor photography during the tour
- Image reviews by photography experts
Comments Off on Heart of the Himalayas – A Photography Trek + Tour of Lahaul and Spiti |
Posted in darter, himachal pradesh, himalayas, lahaul and spiti, photography tours | Tags: himachal pradesh , lahaul , photography , spiti