The monsoons have hit Kerala, and moving upwards in their usual place, now touching Karnataka. This is a season every one us look forward, to see the hot days end, to see the green and beautiful earth all around us and enjoy the fresh breeze after the rains. For me arrival of the monsoons means the end of tourist season which means that there is no need to worry about crowds everywhere; it is time to travel!
It is all green and pretty when it rains
Although I keep hoping to travel more in the monsoons every year, I never do as much as I wish to. Monsoons are indeed a great time to be with, and feel the beauty of nature. For those living around Bangalore, below is a list trip reports during the monsoons, and other monsoon related content on India Travel Blog.
Beautiful, green, foggy and misty roads during the monsoons
* Chikmagalue – Charmadi and Mullayyanagiri in the rains
* Driving to Coorg in the monsoons
* Driving in the rains to Jog and karwar
* Riverside picnic places around Bangalore
* Trekking on the tracks to Yedakumeri
* Hiking Brahmagiri Peak in Coorg
* Muthyala Madu
* Tubing in Kaveri
* An FAQ on monsoons
* Book Review – Chasing the Monsoon
* Monsoon image gallery
It is so beautiful, it hurts to stay indoors